Monday, June 22, 2009

{vendors} Fabulous Photographers

I am very excited to feature one of my dear friends and FANTASTIC photographers today on the blog.  Leslie does incredible work with wedding photography and portraits as well (you must look at the baby sessions she has done on her website-absolutely gorgeous!) And now I present to you the lovely Leslie!

{this image by climie&co}


 Tell us a little bit about yourself and your business:
 
My name is Leslie Walker and I am the owner of Leslie Walker Photography. I am a wedding and portrait photographer in Charleston, SC but I work all around the Southeast. My father was very much a photographer by hobby as I was growing up but he had more equipment and knowledge than most professional photographers. I guess thats where I first learned the art of photography. I decided to finally make the career change from an Account Manager at a Marketing firm to a full time Photographer approximately a year ago. This is my passion and I am so thankful to be doing what I love!

What are some tips you can give Brides-To-Be on what to look for in a photographer?

Obviously, you've got to fall in love with the pictures that your photographer takes. But almost as important is to love the photographer. You've got to trust the person behind the camera. Your personalities should click so that your photographer is truly able to capture you and your fiance as the people you really are. I would advise Brides-To-Be to really spend some time researching your options with photographers. When I was looking for a photographer for my own wedding, I seriously had that 'moment' when I knew who I would choose to photograph my wedding day--just as some people have that 'moment' while finding The Dress, you should have that same feeling when choosing your photographer!


What are some of your favorite props or design elements you’ve seen that make the pictures more fun?


Oooohh props and certain design elements can really MAKE the picture. In general, I advise brides to add things that help tell the story of who you are and why you've come together as a couple. Some ideas: cowboy boots for the Southern bride, Umbrellas are great, Signs that the two of you can hold up. If the two of you love coffee, why not have some pictures taken in a coffee shop? Unexpected locations are wonderful- especially if they tell a certain story about your relationship. 

What kind of tips would you give a bride about colors and design elements that work better in pictures?

Colors are such an easy way to add excitement and personality to pictures. Obviously, you'll choose colors for your wedding that are your favorite and reflect you, but don't forget about how everything will look when its all put together. I love bright, bold,  unexpected colors in pictures. Pay attention to how things will look as a whole and then your pictures will reflect the cohesiveness.



Thank You Leslie! 

Aren't those images gorgeous?  For more of her photography, visit her website
If you're in Charleston, SC-or anywhere in the Southeast, really-you must contact her!  She's wonderful!

Happy Planning!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

just dreamy! i love the bride running with no shoes!!

Inventing Weddings said...

I really love the black and white shot of the bride running. She looks free and happy.