Monday, April 13, 2009

It's a busy life...


So while in the throes of planning our October wedding, I am also starting a wedding planning business.  This is so exciting because it's something I've wanted to do for a very long time.  I have never felt more drawn to anything than I am to planning and entertaining.  This new venture is exciting, but it's also a little scary.

What if I don't know enough?

What if no one wants to hire me?

What if I make a mistake and (dare I say it) mess up an element of someone's wedding?!?!

GASP!

As long as I don't let myself worry about these things and doubt myself--I'm ok. 

I am in the middle of planning a very exciting event to jump start my business.  It's going to be a CLASSY, UPSCALE and FUN bridal show.  So far we have:
Venue
Caterer
DJ
Florist
Baker
Stationer
Plastic Surgeon's office (mini-facials)
Make-up artist
Bridal shop
Videographer
Photographer
The list continues...

The venue is this AWESOME urban industrialized hall that is going to be perfect for this event.  We'll have great music, fantastic food, fun things to do and of course, COCKTAILS!
My hope is for brides to bring their girls with them and have a fun night.  They can sample food, cake, look at invitations, table decor and more.  Doesn't that sound like a blast??

{images from here and here}

Now I just have to come up with a super catchy name for it...

Any suggestions??


9 comments:

jennifer said...

HEY!!! Our friend, Callie, put the NOT wedding on!!! Tims brother jacob was the fake groom and my sis and law jessica was the fake bride!!!
what a small world! i totally wondered if you'd be there :)

jennifer said...

go on my blog and click on jacob and jessica's blog and you can see them!!

Victory Bird said...

Way to go! I'm actually looking for a Day Of coordinator/DIY-awesomeness-executor for our October wedding here in Atlanta. I will email you!

Victory Bird said...

haha, or maybe not. Looks like our weddings are on the exact same day! Let me know if you know someone though!

Alexis said...

Brittany - GOOD LUCK!! :) How would one sign up to become a vendor at your event???

Modelmental said...

1. your event sounds fab, wish I could come
2. sorry i'm a bit low on ideas for a name, will get back to you if something amazing presents itself
3. you see, someone already wanted to book you? you'll get plenty of work!
4. you are a natural at this, don't doubt it!
x

Mara (The Wedding Cabaret) said...

GOOD LUCK!!! :O)

Erisire said...

You are truly AMAZING!

You've got it all together, girl.

I'm crazy impressed. So why not name the event after the company or something similar?

Like :

Love Your Brides

(Which I like because it's all
Love,
Your Brides

OR

Love Your Brides when you say it.), and it's similar to the company name.

Guina said...

This blog looks great. Can't wait to hear when the event is planned. I would love to help,too, in anyway I can on the day or before.
hugs! Mom